How Can We Help?
FAQ for Forma LMS will add a new feature to show a list of Frequently Asked Questions to your users.
- Create unlimited FAQs and Categories
- User FAQ: users can ask questions, and you can approve them as FAQ.
- Notifications: automatic notifications to admins when a question is added
- Show the FAQ module only to selected users
Questions can be organized in categories. Each category can be configured with separate question and answer permissions.
To create a category, go to:
Menu > Manage Questions > Create new category
For each category you can define:
- Answers management: choose if users can answer, or if answers are blocked
- Users can create questions: choose if users will be able to add new questions in this category
You can manage and edit your categories going to:
Menu > Manage Questions > Categories
Here you can:
- Edit an existing category
- Publish/unpublish a category (Moderate)
Adding a Question
Questions can be added from:
Menu > Questions Menu > Add a new Questions
This menu item is visible to both users and administrators, however:
- Questions entered by an administrator will be atuomatically visible
- Questions entered by a user will be subject to the selected category configuration
To moderate questions go to:
Menu > Manage Questions > Moderate Questions
From this page you can:
- Filter the questions by their status (Approved, Rejected, Waiting Approval)
- View the question
- Edit question title and category
- Moderate the question :
- Status: set its status to Approved, Rejected, Waiting Approval
- Visibility: publish or unpublish the question
- Delete the question
A notification is automatically sent for these events / recipients:
- A user inserted a question [administrators]
- Someone added an answer [administrators]
- Your question has been approved [user]
- Your question has been answered [user]
- Your answer has been moderated [user]
The text of notification messages can be edited from the standard Forma language management. Please check the official documentation for details
You can dynamically customize a notification text with the following tags:
- [user]: name of the author of a question or answer
- [faq]: text of the inserted question
- [answer]: text of an inserted answer
- [status]: status of a moderated question or answer
Assign Module view
It is possible to activate/deactivate the whole FAQ area, and assign it only to selected user groups using the default “User Area” management in Forma.
See the official documentation for details.