How Can We Help?
This plugin introduces a new notification feature to automatically send custom reminders for courses:
- Login Reminder: user has not begun the course X days after enrolling
- Completion Reminder: user has not completed the course X days after the first access
- Course Closing reminder: user has not completed the course X days before the course end date (if set)
Each reminder can be activated separately for each course.
For each reminder it will be possible to set a standard text or a custom notification text and scheduling.
To allow the system to properly work you need to set up a cron job on your server calling periodically (i.e every 10 minutes) the following URL:
Reminders activation and settings
The course alert function is available for every course. From the course management page, just click on the new envelope icon to access the configuration panel:
This will open a configuration panel where you’ll be able to:
- Select one or more reminder for each course
- Define to send them by e-mail or by SMS
- Define how many days after or before the “trigger” your reminder should be sent.
- Set a custom notification text
NOTE: to use SMS you’ll need to purchase SMS credit and configure the SMS settings under the general settings of your LMS. SMS messages are subject to a text length limit of 144 chars.
Notification text customization
Writing a custom message
The message field for each notification displays a default text: just click on the text area and start writing to enter a custom text.
Conventional HTML tags can be used for text formatting.
The following dynamic tags are available to customize your Course Alert notification text:
- [user]: will print the name of the user receiving the notification
- [course]: displays the course title
- [days]: displays the number of days as set in the notification settings
Edit the default message
The default text message can be edited through the standard Forma language management features